Credit Risk Associate
To analyze and assess the credit worthiness of clients and prepare credit proposals that meet that requirements are in line with established policies and guidelines and to review proposals/ reports prepared by analyst and senior analysts.
- Review and validate the credit file received from Business Development and ensure that all information is valid and thorough in line with established guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the client’s financial position and other relevant information and provided findings and recommendations.
- Conduct site visits and meetings with clients to obtain relevant information and clarifications to support in making correct conclusions.
- Work with the client /Business Team to set the mechanism of the final structure, terms and conditions that is in line with the client’s business.
- Preparation of credit packages proposals along with risk recommendation for new and limit increase proposals for existing lessees.
- Periodically review the client’s compliance with agreed terms and conditions and propose any required updates to their agreements.
- Conduct market and industry research and analysis that provides insight into major trends and patterns that support in developing credit strategies and guidelines.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly risk reports to provide management with information for support in key decisions.
- Ensure that monthly reports reflect the approved concentration risks as per regulatory and internal policy.
- Manage credit risk team (sub ordinates) and ensure transfer of knowledge
- Review credit packages and memos prepared by Credit Risk analysts and senior analysts
- Provide on-job training for trainees and newcomers
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline – preferably, Finance or Economics
- Certification as a Credit Professional
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in credit or financial analysis in a financial institution
- Computer literate with knowledge of word, excel and PowerPoint applications
- Analytical thinking
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong Communication & Negotiation skills
- Problem Solving
- The ability to work accurately and independently.
- Strong time and people management skills